Ceramic braces are ideal options to rectify malocclusions and align your teeth evenly. Well-aligned teeth contribute towards providing a pleasant smile, which in turn improves your facial appearance. Dental anomalies can cause considerable damage to your look. However, advanced treatment procedures with convenient dental braces are now available to address such problems.
This type of braces are a similar concept to conventional braces but provide a more comfortable and less detectable alternative. They are a popular choice due to their durability and their tendency to blend with the natural color of the teeth. But the advantages don’t stop there. Read on to find out more.
Ceramic braces Pros and Cons
Ceramics are an excellent and durable choice for those who want to improve their teeth or fix misalignments. Because each bracket is secured onto the tooth with plasma light they are unlikely to chip or fall off the teeth. This means you won’t need to worry about damaging the brackets or sit through frequent visits to the dentist to replace them.
One of the most significant advantages of getting ceramic braces is that they are not very noticeable, as opposite to for example headgear braces. The color of the bracket mimics your tooth’s natural color and the tiny bands that hold the ceramic brackets together are usually either white or bright. They are a type of clear braces.
Duration of Wear
Ceramic aligners stay on for approximately the same time as the regular metal variety, whilst making the process much more pleasant and comfortable.
Many patients who have chosen the ceramic road have been pleasantly surprised by how comfortable they feel. Compared to metal braces, this style is a lot more gentle on the gums and does not irritate the inner mouth area. This is especially beneficial for those who are prone to lip and mouth problems or are sensitive around the area.
Costs associated are comparable to the costs of conventional metal braces. As they are far more versatile and provide a more natural look, a higher number of patients are choosing this newer alternative, at no additional cost.
Cons and Limitations
Ceramic orthodontic brackets are no doubt a fantastic breakthrough which has helped thousands of happy patients correct their smiles. However they are not for everyone. Those who are regular smokers, consume lots of black coffee or eat a lot of colored food such as berries and soups might not be suitable candidates. Ceramic can be prone to staining. The consumption of colored substances can lead to the discoloration of the bands that hold the brackets together. In such instances, other orthodontic treatment may be a better idea.
Ceramic braces cost
How much can these braces cost? In general the average price ranges from $4,500 up to $ 8,000. This can be slightly costly than traditional metal braces. But take into account that also depends on your dentist and location where you live.
Clear Ceramic bracets vs metal braces
The traditional metal braces are the one that most of the people know. A metal wire connects the brackets.
On the other hand the ceramic ones have similar design but the material is obviously different. A transparent ceramic material is used to make the braces less noticeable as much as the metal ones.
Why to choose ceramic braces?
- Many patients say that after using ceramic braces and seeing their teeth straightened, their confidence skyrocketed. And you know how important is too feel like that. This extra confidence will let you try new experiences and literally change your life in a very positive way.
- If you notice that your teeth moved or shifted out of position you could be good candidate for using ceramic braces. When this happens people feel uncomfortable with their jaw and avoid smiling.
- They are not very noticeable. When you are wearing this type of braces you can easily smile without thinking that people will realize you have braces.
- You will look better. Straightening your teeth will help you to have a better smile and thus being more attractive. The appearence is an important factor in our society. After this treatment you can bet you will get an improvement in your look.
- To avoid jaw pain. A misaligned jaw can produce headaches and irritation. It is important to align your jaw using orthodontics so you can prevent things to get worse and feel pain-relief quickly.
- Your kid is worried about metal braces. As ceramic braces are made from tooth-colored material they have an “invisible look”. That is the only difference with the traditional braces but this can make your kids definitely more confident about wearing this type of orthodontic braces.
How to whiten ceramic braces?
Basically if you maintain good oral hygiene your braces will be stain free. Anyway this doesn’t happen often cause the technology used for producing these braces is better than in past years thus now more stain resistant. In addition you can consider following good practices and listen to what your orthodontist says.
As a list of recommendations we can mention the following:
- Don’t smoke. Smoking can really affect your oral hygiene. Affects your teeth and will change the colour of your braces to yellow.
- Brush your teet after every meal. This is a very important habit to incorporate. Avoid the food colors and flavors to affect your braces.
This type of brackets offer a permanent solution to malocclusions. These braces will help you secure strong, healthy teeth, a sparkling smile and good physical health. You will not need to experience irritations such as chewing troubles, digestion disorders, irregular wear of tooth surface, tooth decay, gum disease and speech difficulties.
Orthodontic procedures with ceramic orthodontic braces are suggested by the orthodontist after profoundly evaluating your teeth, jaws and facial structure through x-rays, photographs and bite impressions. Typically, the entire treatment procedures with these braces can be completed within one to three years. To ensure the best outcomes expert orthodontists recommend a periodic consultation. Also a review every four to eight weeks to evaluate the progress and adopt appropriate modifications.